Community > Forum > All other competitions > What Scaled are up to now!

What Scaled are up to now!

Posted by: Alessandro - Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:53 pm
 [ 40 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
What Scaled are up to now! 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post What Scaled are up to now!   Posted on: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:53 pm
They´re parked the SS1 and White Knight for good and are now working on the Globalflyer, preparing the launch early january (I read 4th on another site),
see http://www.globalflyer.com/NewsFeatures ... tIsOut.jsp

Space Walker
Space Walker
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Skandinavia, Europe, Blue planet
Post    Posted on: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:19 pm
Well i'm sure they will concentrate on the Global Flyer for a while...

Buuuut, they have far from parked SS1 and White Knight for good, they will still use them for testing purposes before beginning the construction of SS2 and White Knight 2.

So there will properly go some months or half years before they will fly sub-orbital again, but hope they will keep us posted, and not do it behind closed doors.. :D

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue May 10, 2005 2:15 pm
It seem that white knight has not been retired just yet. DARPA are going to use it to fly the X-37 on 3 test flights. The article says that Scaled have been doing runway tests with the X-37 over the past week and will soon be ready to fly it attached to White Knight.

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413 ... 87,00.html

Perhaps an alternative to the shuttle might appear before 2010 if they start this project up again.

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Tue May 10, 2005 2:38 pm
Well, shucks, I didn't post this yesterday because I figured everyone would have seen it by now...

http://www.space.com/spacenews/business ... 50509.html

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue May 10, 2005 4:45 pm
Wow, Mr. Rutan is an energetic fellow! I remember he said, "Orbit sooner than you think", but at the lecture I attended, he mentioned 2015. All he needs is $400M and one of those mothballed 747's next to his shop. I wouldn't believe anyone else... /jd

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed May 11, 2005 7:28 am
joel wrote:
Wow, Mr. Rutan is an energetic fellow! I remember he said, "Orbit sooner than you think", but at the lecture I attended, he mentioned 2015.

Wow ... look for Sigurd's post on Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:05 pm ... if you can find it you'll see that he predicted that date and goal (2015 for orbit) for Rutan almost a year ago.

:!:

DKH

(Is "Sigurd" in fact the secret alias of Burt Rutan? Damn, we need a good conspiracy theorist on this right now)

Location: Alexander, North Carolina, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed May 11, 2005 1:26 pm
Dr_Keith_H wrote:
(Is "Sigurd" in fact the secret alias of Burt Rutan? Damn, we need a good conspiracy theorist on this right now)

I would think it more likely the other way around; i.e. 'Burt Rutan' is simply one of Sigurd's alter egos. :)

--Ralph

http://1vid.com

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed May 11, 2005 2:14 pm
So "Burt Rutan" (wink wink) simply did all that guff with the SS1 and wotnot just so he could justify this forum ... amazingly clever of him. The greatest and most successful troll in the history of usenet I would say (and the most expensive).

DKH

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed May 11, 2005 3:19 pm
So at last the penny drops. Everytime someone takes Burt's name in vain or critisis him everyone posts defending him. Its obviously Sigurd using his many aliases. :)

Should have seen this long ago, its all so clear, there were clues from the start. "Sigurd" and "Burt" both names with a "ur" in them:-in the same order, come on I ask you is this just coincidence or possibly a Freudian slip. :)

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed May 11, 2005 9:46 pm
Oh--but we all know what happens if you dare defend NASA or ever question private initiatives--you get the ME 109 group and the London Blitz all over again. Sig Heil!

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed May 11, 2005 11:08 pm
:shock: Dr_Keith_H, do you have such a wicked mind that you do remember such things ? (why did you traced back this date :roll: ?)

I'm living in belgium so far from any project or people active with it... and only age 19, so it are only wild guesses... :P wait till it's 2015, and see the result :idea:

author wrote:
I would think it more likely the other way around; i.e. 'Burt Rutan' is simply one of Sigurd's alter egos. :)

The truth is always more complicated....

http://www.xprizenews.org/forum/viewtop ... =4426#4426

Each moment is a doorway to time travel. Being in this very moment and no other, time as we know it stops. You can Freeze-Frame and stop. Then you can make another choice. You can stay in the same holographic pattern or you can choose a different one.
To what time belongs SS2 ?, it belongs to this time, to this time, belongs the future.
On this moment, you decide the future, the truth of the next step.
What is 2015 ?, it's a year, what is a year ? The period of time during which Earth completes a single revolution around the sun, consisting of 365 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, and 12 seconds of mean solar time. In the Gregorian calendar the year begins on January 1 and ends on December 31 and is divided into 12 months, 52 weeks, and 365 or 366 days. Also called calendar year.
Our existance, the existance of earth, the sun, the moon... do we understand them ?
Our time is "original" based on a planet, moon and sun relative properties.
For us, they do have many unknowns, and are part of a great mistery called a galaxy...

So what is time ? in the end.. you don't know... cause it's connected to the unknown so what is my prediction ? what is the year 2015 if you don't understand time ?

You could call time; A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.
Is it ?, if I change the past... how will you know now that it wasn't the original one ? if I change the future.. how will you know ?

How can I change the future or past ? what is the future or what is the past.. if time would be flexible ? If I would move to diffrent so called "times".. would I experiance my own change in time and get older etc ? or is it now ? endless ? instantly ? no it is.. and I am... do you exist ? how many people did I erase from history ? did you noticed the topics I removed who challanged me that I couldn't manage personally and morally ? no... of course not... of course don't be afraid of me... if you make a mistake... no one will ever see or remember it...

The current time it's changes of History is always written by it's winners, projecting the sides who lost to the evil and unmoral... Lisen to the dead laughing at your futuristic moral values... do you understand your moral value ? and are they part of your history and past ? ... but what is the past when you don't understand time ? what is good and wrong, when wrong can be good and wrong at the same "time" on diffrent sides of view ? Why are many of the old unhappy with the changes of the young ? Imagen.. if you couldn't think.. than wat are "you" ? and Imagen asking the question to yourself.. "what am I ?".. you can never explain your mind.. except what you have seen, heard, felt, etc.. so what are you ? a combination of your environment creating combinations of the past, using input of the current existance and state of the environment arround you.

So what is your consciousness ? it's the input of your environment and able to connect with your brain and other components of your existance.
What do you "own" and "manage" in your life ? your consciousness ? not even that small part of yourself... can you chose the input ? you can try... but you'll never succeed to avoid all input of the environment.. and if you think you succeeded... than I just tricked you in doing it, by reading this, as your "input".
Do you have a choise to try it or not ? or is it predefined by the previous inputs in your life ? are your decisions based on current "magic" thinking ? or logical steps of the past in your brain ?

So what are you ? and what is time ?, what are your moral values ? why do you live ? why is having a lot of money a goal in life for some people.. while they could enjoy their life without ?
Why do some people work for the future of Homo sapiens (humans).. when they know that all that starts... also ends in "time" ?
Have Homo sapiens a future ? yes... but it will end.. in time... so again why do you live ?
So you have nothing to lose ? and you can't actually win anything ?... yes, you all die the same... so why why and why... do you ask the questions when, what, if, etc..

Always questions;. and things you actually know nothing about in the end... so you know nothing about me.. so stop guessing and linking me to my fellow Time Changer Burt, cause you really DO NOT know him.. :twisted:

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu May 12, 2005 7:13 am
Sigurd wrote:
:shock: Dr_Keith_H, do you have such a wicked mind that you do remember such things ? (why did you traced back this date :roll: ?)

Actually, I wanted to find out what sort of predictions Burt had been making previously, to see if he had predicted things sooner or later than that (and perhaps gain a handle on whether work has progressed faster or slower for him over time) and so I started looking through our archives here because everytime Burt sez something it gets ... you know ... repeated here, so the Xprize forums are an excellent resource for keeping track of predictions.

I used that handy little search function and looked for "Rutan" and "Orbit" hoping to pick up where he made predictions ... unfortunately those search perameters pick up dozens upon dozens of posts ... but among the first few was that one of yours and it more or less just stopped me in my tracks. It seemed to be an interesting coincidence (hmmm, maybe that isn't the right word ... author?).

As to the rest of what you wrote ... methinks you protest too much, Burt. :wink:

DKH

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Thu May 12, 2005 2:10 pm
Sigurd wrote:
Do you have a choise to try it or not ? or is it predefined by the previous inputs in your life ?
Getting pretty philosophical there Sigurd. Have you read a short story by Heinlein called "By His Bootstraps"? The best time travel story ever, IMO. It is all about causality and free will. http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/scifi/byhisbootstraps.pdf

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu May 12, 2005 8:09 pm
I hope that Rutan makes Global Flyer available as a UAV platform--I think more of that than his Proteus even. He coulds give US a cheaper, simpler Global Hawk replacement with that.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Sat May 14, 2005 9:53 pm
campbelp2002 wrote:
Sigurd wrote:
Do you have a choise to try it or not ? or is it predefined by the previous inputs in your life ?
Getting pretty philosophical there Sigurd. Have you read a short story by Heinlein called "By His Bootstraps"? The best time travel story ever, IMO. It is all about causality and free will. http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/scifi/byhisbootstraps.pdf

Haven't read... YET! ;)

Profile WWW