Community > Forum > All other competitions > The spirit of the X prize

The spirit of the X prize

Posted by: JT - Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:40 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
The spirit of the X prize 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post The spirit of the X prize   Posted on: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:40 pm
K, I can't remember the original post but this will do, with respect to the WTN Xprize I think it is important that people realise what the whole spirit of the Xprize was about.

Placing a prize on a new technology should be something that inspires an average person to reach for their notebook and write down some ideas. The idea should be able to be explained to a 3 year old (so to speak). Rules should be simple, open to everyone (except government & institutions) and there should be absolutely no red tape to it.

The inspiration for this was from when I look at the Americas prize, I don't think there should be limitations such as 25% re-use and some of the others that were put in.

Last edited by JT on Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post    Posted on: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:54 pm
Please don't forget - an orbital prize already exists and can be discussed in a special section here.

Such a prize has to do with the WTN XPRIZE nearly nothing.

So - can you derive a special technological prize from your initial proposal after reading the WTN XPRIZE homepage www.wtnxprize.org and the according article under www.xprizenews.org ?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)