Community > Forum > All other competitions > Canadian Arrow: The first Spaceline?

Canadian Arrow: The first Spaceline?

Posted by: Senior Von Braun - Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:17 am
 [ 36 posts ] 

Who will become the first Spaceline?
Canadian Arrow 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
Starchaser 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
Da Vinci 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 22

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:48 pm
mike wrote:
The manned drop test of the STARCHASER NOVA Mk2 capsule took place in July 2003. The NOVA capsule started it's decent under a drogue chute which stabilised the capsule prior to the pilot initiated deployment of the main steerable ram-air canopy.

Mike, best of luck to you and the Starchaser group. You've come a long way lately. I am curious (And no, I am not going to pay for Starchaser website access yet): do you plan any more test launches from Morecombe or is everything left that goes "up" going to be done in Australia?

Profile YIM
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:38 pm
We may conduct the LES test flights from Morecombe Bay but at the moment we are focusing on constructing and subesquently testing the Launch Escape System and the CHURCHILL Mk 3 rocket engine.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:05 am
I never liked that fact that Starchaser required people to pay before getting any news or videos. Not that they don't have the right to, but I just don't like it.

Last edited by TrevorM on Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:28 am
TrevorM wrote:
I never liked that fact that Starchaser required people to pay before getting any news or videos. Not that you don't have the right to, but I just don't like it.

Same opinion over here.. But.. It's their right.. they chose.. so I don't have any problem with it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
"We must remember that a right lost to one is lost to all."

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:23 pm
Starchaser post information and updates to the 'memebers only' section of the Starchaser web site (http://www.starchaser.co.uk) first and then after a period of time the information is made available to all visitors to the web site.

Starchaser value their relationship with it's Club members and aim to provide them with a rewarding experience. There is also a discussion forum in the members area where Club members can talk with the Starchaser Team directly.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:35 pm
Information is a valuable asset, especially when its scarce, as it seems to be in the xprize!

So if a team can make some money from providing access to it, then full credit to them.

We're too used to the internet being a free source of information on anything, we feel that free access to information is a right. Not so.

I fully support starchasers restriction on the provision of information, and if I really wanted to follow the project, then I'd pay.

Profile WWW