Community > Forum > All other competitions > QUESTION: How do you share $10m with 95 Employees?

QUESTION: How do you share $10m with 95 Employees?

Posted by: Principles - Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:26 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 8 posts ] 
QUESTION: How do you share $10m with 95 Employees? 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post QUESTION: How do you share $10m with 95 Employees?   Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:26 am
Funny question my friend asked me:

My friend said -- "See I told you it's waste of money. If a ship cost over $ 25 million but actually won $10 million. How do you share $10 with 95 Employees? You tell me"

I said "Sponsors will help"

My friend said -- "ha. They deal with billionaire Gordon Geiko. You better work and talk with Union workers! "

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:31 am
hehe i suppose you could use some of the money for bonuses for the employees, but I imagine that most of the 10 mill will go back into the company for further development. The winning of the X Prize isn't the end of Scaled, they still have tons of research to do...

UCF-LM CWEP Intern
Lockheed Martin Orlando
Missiles & Fire Control

Profile YIM WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:44 am
eraurocktchick87 wrote:
hehe i suppose you could use some of the money for bonuses for the employees, but I imagine that most of the 10 mill will go back into the company for further development. The winning of the X Prize isn't the end of Scaled, they still have tons of research to do...

Especially with Tier 2 & 3 to be considered. A nice bonus and a nice holiday party are cool ideas though.

Besides it's pretty obvious (well to most people who actually think anyway :roll: ) that the X-Prize is only the beginning. Scaled may have won the first real prize but there's a lot more going to be happening now. Additionally like John Carmack said over at Armadillo in the latest update, launch license and launch site is likely to get a lot easier. I think the Scaled victory certainly makes that true. Private space ventures just lost a lot of the 'giggle factor'.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:34 am
People, it is pretty well established that Principles is a troll.
Lets all just ignore him, please?

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:46 am
ignore. It's only simple question to ask. Let say you want to attempt another space race or open rocketbusiness. What If a teacher or employees ask you same question a rocket that cost over $25 million dollar what would you with $10 million dollar?

Rocket building is serious business:

A.) be Gordon Geiko! Greed S.O.B to cut union wages and twist people's mind out. Keep million dollar and sponsor company

B.) Put back million on industry: invest, research and count lost of good sold on annual revenue. Give them free food and movitation letter thank you support for X-prize.

C.) File chapter 11, and layoff its employee and spend millions buying big house or put on bank.

D.) Give them quarter million for charity and union workers who work hard on rocket research.

E.) just like other trolls keep telling me "Winner takes all." KEEP IT and RUN!!!!

Which one would you choose. Seriously, you only have five actual choices.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:12 am
Feeding trolls is occasionally fun ... watching them twist and shapechange is interesting ... but this one is sort of dull and repetitive, and obviously has no grasp of the term "real world".

This forum never had any real Principles in the first place ... I don't see why we should have Principles now.

DKH

Location: Alexander, North Carolina, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: QUESTION: How do you share $10m with 95 Employees?   Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:36 am
Principles wrote:
....My friend said -- "ha. They deal with billionaire Gordon Geiko. You better work and talk with Union workers! "

Gordon Gekko was a character in a movie (played by Michael Douglas in "Wall Street"). Perhaps your friend needs to consider the real world instead of imaginary ones that bear little relationship to the X Prize.

What the winners of the X Prize do with the prize money is their internal affair. I congratulate them heartily for their momentous and historic achievement.

Your friend seems to miss the point a lot, what is YOUR opinion?

http://1vid.com

Last edited by author on Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:50 pm
This is not a question, neither a problem. topic locked!

I didn't saw a post where they said the money will go to the people working at scaled (but it is possible) and in that case, they just split it into the number of employees or diffrent, it's up to scaled to decide it.

And if not, they just use it for new research, or maybe the money goes to Paul Allen.

Principles, you "are" annoying us.

Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]