Community > Forum > All other competitions > What are the teams going to do after someone wins the prize

What are the teams going to do after someone wins the prize

Posted by: eXcaliberZ - Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:48 am
 [ 3 posts ] 
What are the teams going to do after someone wins the prize 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post What are the teams going to do after someone wins the prize   Posted on: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:48 am
Well, what are the various teams intentions after someone wins the the X-prize?

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:22 pm
I think that the winner of the X-cup will start regular flights with passengers. I know that I would love to have a chance at riding in the same craft that won the X-prize! It would be like if you got a chance to ride in the actual Spirt of St. Lewis! It would be amazing!

Also, I hope that the losing teams don't get all sore about it! Even if they don't win they can still sell tickets to anybody who wants to go into space. It's not like it you don't win you still can't launch your vehicle! I can see it now, "Our rates are cheaper then the leading space-launcher's!*"

*after $1500 rebate, before tax.

I say that everybody that builds there own working space craft is a winner!

Profile YIM
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:11 am
Over here John Carmack says he plans to start developing a tourist vehicle as well as one for orbital flights. Surprisingly, he doesn't believe the X-Cup will be viable.