Community > Forum > All other competitions > Mass Check 100 km Liquid Challenge

Mass Check 100 km Liquid Challenge

Posted by: Rick Maschek - Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:41 am
 [ 2 posts ] 
Mass Check 100 km Liquid Challenge 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Mass Check 100 km Liquid Challenge   Posted on: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:41 am
I've done many challenges for students and people I work with. On another forum there was discussion of how high amateurs have gone with liquid fueled rockets (solids have gone quite high including two space shots by Ky Michaelson).

To help advance amateurs going into space, I've started a challenge for the first amateurs to reach space using liquids, either liquid bi-propellant or hybrid will be accepted.

Requirements are 90 day notification, gps or radar confirmation of altitude (100 kilometers), and a professional quality report of the project.

Not being a wealthy person, I started the challenge with $100 and an additional $225 dollars has been added by others. This may not seem like a lot but any amount of funding is helpful for rocket projects. Anyone wishing to add to this challenge please PM me for more information.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: Mass Check 100 km Liquid Challenge   Posted on: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 am
Register that trademark, Mr. Maschek!