Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Good luck, Ekkehard, on your nation's Mars Society project.

Good luck, Ekkehard, on your nation's Mars Society project.

Posted by: virgair - Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:59 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Good luck, Ekkehard, on your nation's Mars Society project. 
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Good luck, Ekkehard, on your nation's Mars Society project.   Posted on: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:59 pm
Hello, Ekkehard.

I know I'm not an easy person to get along with, especially if
a person doesn't understand me. But let's put aside our differences.

My topic here has nothing to do with the X-Prize, but...regardless...
Congratulations, Ekkehard, on your nation's Mars Society project to put a balloon in the martian atmosphere [PROJECT ARCHIMEDES].
Do you belong to the German Mars Society, I wonder?

I hope the balloon project to Mars goes well....Then?...Sometime
in the future?...A robotic Zeppelin in the martian atmosphere? We hope?

:wink:

Post    Posted on: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:08 am
Hello, virgair,

I never felt any differences between us. There has been a misunderstanding concerning an intention to debate or not but this only was due to the context - using the message board was suggesting the intention to discus.

I am not a member of the german section of the Mars Society but I am discussing at their forum a little bit.

Not long ago I've read an article saying that agroup of scienstists is going to prove that privately organized and funded Mars missions are possible and can be successful. Archimedes has been involved but I would have to look for that article for giving correct informations and that would take time.

I have no information concerning what will be after the balloon. Theoretically the topic might turn back to the XPRIZE - if Archimedes works well and The da Vinci Project has a successful launch these both may lead to balloon-based launches from Mars to its orbit at least.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)