Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > wow, my xprize knowledge will come in use!

wow, my xprize knowledge will come in use!

Posted by: TerraMrs - Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:40 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
wow, my xprize knowledge will come in use! 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post wow, my xprize knowledge will come in use!   Posted on: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:40 am
yes that's right. i'm going to a week long government thing in DC for students and one of my focus things for it is space, with the xprize playing a major role therein. maybe i'll be able to recruit some new forum members (hopefully hot girls to go along with cathleen).

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:08 am
LOL and this is why I love you guys :P

UCF-LM CWEP Intern
Lockheed Martin Orlando
Missiles & Fire Control

Profile YIM WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:04 am
Good luck! Hot intellegent rocket chicks are hard to come by, we're lucky to have just one. :wink:

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: wow, my xprize knowledge will come in use!   Posted on: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:09 pm
TerraMrs wrote:
yes that's right. i'm going to a week long government thing in DC for students and one of my focus things for it is space, with the xprize playing a major role therein. maybe i'll be able to recruit some new forum members (hopefully hot girls to go along with cathleen).

Ooh! Ooh! Presidential Classroom, Science and Technology track! Prepare to run yourself ragged across DC. Of course, you get to see all kinds of stuff that most tourists never do -- such as the tunnel and subway systems under the Capitol Building.........

And as for hot girls, there's enough. We had 70-something Puerto Ricans last year, and people come from all over the country -- one guy from San Francisco who played jazz piano and had a headband with a weed leaf embroidered on it.... a dude from the Bronx who snuck outside right after we got there to smoke a pack of smuggled cigarettes...... A guy from Kansas who was left a note in his suitcase by TSA saying that they didn't find anything interesting in his luggage......

Oh, save some money to buy a Capitol Steps CD. They'll be the highlight of your week. The NSA security guards are scary (especially the ones inside the complex -- two middle-aged ladies... Think about it for a moment.), and the coordinator-lady who runs the entire PC program is even scarier.

Good luck, have fun, and let me know what your formal report-thing is -- the one I worked on was a hydrogen-based economy (as opposed to oil-based).

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107