Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Virgin Galactic in the public of your country or region

Virgin Galactic in the public of your country or region

Posted by: Ekkehard Augustin - Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:20 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Virgin Galactic in the public of your country or region 
Post Virgin Galactic in the public of your country or region   Posted on: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:20 pm
Is Virgin Galactic present somehow where you are living? Indirectly at least?

I am asking because I up to now remarked it's presence in the public in Hamburg/Germany two times at least this year.

When I go from home to work or reverse I go by subway - called "U-Bahn" here for "Untergrundbahn", may be that "underground" is the correct english word instead of subway. There is a larger station where I have to transit to the "S-Bahn" which is a city-train also located subsurface. That station is Jungfernstieg - a short but wide and wellknown road crossing the Alster close to the townhall.

In that station there are larger displays telling news, doing advertising but also education. One of the topics or mottos displayed there is "Zahl des Tages" - number of the day.

A few weeks ago the number of the day displayed was 1,000 - and the display told the public that this is the number of people who want to go to space by Virgin Galactic. A few days ago the number of the day was 40,000 - with the explanation attached that this is the number of people who have reserved seats at Virgin Galactic to go to space.

The explanations aren't that correct so far but for most of the people there is no significant difference between those explanations and the correct ones.

Is there something similar where you are living?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:44 pm
I saw nothing here in South Germany.

Profile WWW