Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > How could surface tourism on Mars or Moon be prepared?

How could surface tourism on Mars or Moon be prepared?

Posted by: Ekkehard Augustin - Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:19 am
 [ 3 posts ] 
How could surface tourism on Mars or Moon be prepared? 
Post How could surface tourism on Mars or Moon be prepared?   Posted on: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:19 am
The Russians have said that they will not carry tourists down to the lunar surface because that's very dangerous.

Now it might or will be possible handle the dangers so that the tourists are safe. This to some degree could be done by carrying animals there and then back to Earth.

Having thought this my thoughts truned to Mars, the temperatures there - and frogs. It is possible to freeze, to hibernate frogs by freezing them into water ice. Their hearts cease to pulse but continue to pulse when the ice is melted again.

So frozen frogs might be sent to Mars, revitalized there for a short time - so that they can hop inside the vehicle. This way it could be found out what will be required and what is possible to turn a tourist travel to the martian surface as safe as possible. The frogs can be refrozen then again and return to Earth where they could be revitalized again.

Might something like this be something that would be done to prepare martian tourism or even lunar tourism?

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Tourists Defined   Posted on: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:21 pm
The word “Touristsâ€

Profile WWW
Post    Posted on: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:33 pm
Hello, rpspeck,

I had in mind what you say and agree. I was using the term "tourists" in a positive and respectful way - in German that word is applied tp people also wjho are traveling to enhance their intellectual horizon, their experiences and their insights into business opportunities. And Germans thinking about emigration to abroad - USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Asia - are advised to go there first as tourists to find out how life is there. In so far in German tourism isn't limited to fun but includes very serious plans, intentions and views.

Such serious menaings I have in mind here.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)