IMAGE1
IMAGE2
IMAGE3
IMAGE4

Profile ICQ WWW
Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post OK.. I'll bite...   Posted on: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:03 am
Mind you these are just questions...I'm not being uneccesarily critical as I'm new here too. These are just the questions I would ask if I were looking at this presentation with you across a table.

In Image 01.jpg
Step 1 - Looks alot like Kliper / Soyuz, what does it weigh? Do you have a booster in mind? A class of booster maybe?

Step 2 - Does the same, yet to be named booster launch the Control Module, Service Module, Unmanned resupply vehicle? Economies of scale?

How many Launches of the booster or payload stack does it take for you to get to step 2 in 01.jpg?

I peeked ahead at all the images so you can see where I'm going with this. Lets not count the infrastructure just yet of the lunar Telecom Sats and Lunar GPS sats...

Image 02.jpg
How did all the infrastructure get to the moon? Who sent it / built it / runs it...pays for it?

In Image 03.jpg

Step 9, you show a pad siding on "rails" I believe. This is on the moon, I suppose. How did it get there and what supports it? Who sent, rails, a sliding pas assembly, motors, motor control assemblys, etc?

Step 11 - looks like it may show the number of launches requird to get all the rotating harware in place minus the moon facilities but I'm not 100% clear there.

Image 04.jpg

Again, looks like 4 launches to get the reusable LTV hardware in place?!?!?

Neat idea, especially if you own stock in the company making your booster stages.

If we could get back to making Big Dumb Boosters by the hundreds and launching at LEAST one per week, we could get some of this in orbit. But our cost to LEO is still too high for this.

Many of the posters here are very good at the necessary calculations, use the cost / payload numbers from Delta IV Heavy or Ariane 5 or Falcon 9 even though it is still theoretical.

I think this type of approach would give you a huge ticket price for each of those passengers with the number of launches you'd need to keep this system going.

Just my comments as requested...

Profile YIM
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:13 pm
Well, this is only something I personally think of.
But I think I can answer some questions raised by you

Quote:
In Image 01.jpg
Step 1 - Looks alot like Kliper / Soyuz, what does it weigh? Do you have a booster in mind? A class of booster maybe?

i suppose this is the SpaceDev Vehicle. However, the booster is not yet chosen. It can be SpaceDev original booster, or SpaceX Falcon9, or even existing expandable rockets. So, chosing the rocket largely depend on cost and reliability.

Quote:
Step 2 - Does the same, yet to be named booster launch the Control Module, Service Module, Unmanned resupply vehicle? Economies of scale?

Maybe or maynot

Lunar GPS and telecom sats services are supposed to be provided by gov.

Quote:
How did all the infrastructure get to the moon? Who sent it / built it / runs it...pays for it?

The lunar surface infrastructure are supposed to be part of the gov. owned lunar base. however, it may be built by private companies after Space tourism has matured
Step 9, same ans as above

Quote:
Step 11 - looks like it may show the number of launches requird to get all the rotating harware in place minus the moon facilities but I'm not 100% clear there.

the table shows the rotation of crew and cargo

And, yes, you're right, 4 launches are required to launch the whole LTV

Profile ICQ WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:29 pm
I'd rather you supported this:
http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/searagon.htm
http://www.astronautix.com/gallery/lseragon.htm