Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Financial Barriers to Study Aerospace Eng.

Financial Barriers to Study Aerospace Eng.

Posted by: Mr OH - Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:46 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
Financial Barriers to Study Aerospace Eng. 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Financial Barriers to Study Aerospace Eng.   Posted on: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:46 am
Dear Sirs and Madams,

My name is GILCHAN OH from South Korea. At first, I am terribly sorry to write my story at this public board.

I have got permitted (1)conditionally to study aerospace engineering, Bachelor's Degree, at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands. And I need (2)$50,000 to study and live for 3 years in Delft.

Unfortunately, I have parents, divorced few years ago; mother who cannot afford to fund me although she is eager to help me and father who refused to fund me to study aerospace engineering even though he has financial ability and is the cause of my unhappy family.

So, I have looked for bank loan, scholarship, fellowship, and grant, but there was nothing I am eligible. Every organization that I have found is funding for Master's or Doctor's Degree and for European or developing countries' nationalities.

I can save the money to study by myself working at the supermarkets, day and night, for 5 years. However, I would really love to study aerospace engineering from next year.

Therefore, I am grateful if you could help me. If you were someone who can help me or if you knew someone, organizations or companies that can help me, please please please email me.

email address: ***Removed By Administrator***

I wish you a happy Christmas.

(1) conditionally: which means I need to take the Advanced Placement tests for maths and physics in May, 2006. I will be fully permitted when I get Grade 3 or more (Grades are from 1 to 5, and 5 is the highest). And I am 100% sure that I can get the Grade.

(2) $50,000: Once you fund me, I will definately pay all of the money back in 8 to 10 years. And I promise I will report regularly and do my best at study and work.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:11 am
Gilchan Oh,

Your email address and msn messenger address have been removed from public access.

I'll be in contact with you shortly to verify if this is a scam or not.
Since I'm living in Belgium, close to the netherlands, and I do know people living close to your location, I'll be able to verify your information.

I'm not really happy with the way you advertise this, since I know Belgium and The Netherlands are both nations with a large social system, allowing you to do your studies with support of government supported organisations. If it isn't a scam... I'm sure you'll find people willing to help you, or guide you to the right place, where help is available.

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:01 am
He's not living or currently in The Netherlands, but in Korea.

I'm unable to verify if it's a scam or not, he seems friendly.. I chatted with him but I can't turn this site into an advertisement section. So I'll avoid making this an example for others.
If you're interested in doing the same, please create a personal site or blog (as example on google blogspot.com) and explain why, more details, "proof" and verification you're real etc.
And you can help your case with beeing active on websites as example space.com, this website and others etc, showing you're really interested etc.

Gilchan Oh, his main problem is licenses and the right to study in The Netherlands, since WHEN he gets the license, he can survive using the local social government programs. It seems he hasn't contacted the local ambasade of Korea in The Netherlands for information, neither the local government related to social programs to pay for his education and basic living needs. So he can still do a lot on his side.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:50 pm
Bless him. I can understand his frustration. If he could throw a ball folks here would throw money at him for athletic scholarships.

If you are bright, no one cares.