Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Watch out! John Carmack is really a genetically engineered..

Watch out! John Carmack is really a genetically engineered..

Posted by: SuperShuki - Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:30 am
 [ 6 posts ] 
Watch out! John Carmack is really a genetically engineered.. 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Watch out! John Carmack is really a genetically engineered..   Posted on: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:30 am
Watch out! John Carmack is really a genetically engineered alien martian MONSTER! I just saw a movie all about it! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:33 pm
Shuki, while I understand your desire to entertain all of us, this fully qualifies as spam. You're lucky Sigurd just moved and renamed this topic, instead of deleting it and warning you. Funny is good, but creating a new thread in a forum that's designed to serve a purpose BESIDES humor, with a post that doesn't really make the grade as far as jokes go, is not.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post My point exactly   Posted on: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:17 am
We have to be able to take this stuff lightly, or everything is just bs. That includes jokes - don't take jokes too seriously either. Space, the universe, none of that is important in and of itself.

Shlomo Hamelech, King of Israel around 3,000 years ago, said it best:
"At the end of the matter, when all has been heard, of G-d be in awe and of his commandments, do, because this is all of man."
- Last sentence, Kohelet (aka Ecclesiastes)

:wink:

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:06 pm
My point, shuki, is that a post like that is generally considered disruptive to a forum which has a functional purpose. The AA forum is designed for work, so that Carmack's team can get information to the public, and vice versa. Your thread has been moved here because the Cafe is designed for simple banter and brawl. The thread would have been reasonably appropriate here, but not in the AA forum.

In Memoriam...
Apollo I - Soyuz I - Soyuz XI - STS-51L - STS-107

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:25 pm
What's more, John himself has explicitly stated that he does not want any Doom-related posts/topics in the AA forum... something that one might be aware of if they had read it in anything more than a cursory fashion.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post point taken   Posted on: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:21 am
spacecowboy wrote:
My point, shuki, is that a post like that is generally considered disruptive to a forum which has a functional purpose. The AA forum is designed for work, so that Carmack's team can get information to the public, and vice versa. Your thread has been moved here because the Cafe is designed for simple banter and brawl. The thread would have been reasonably appropriate here, but not in the AA forum.

point taken- I figured that since there were so many threads in that forum that were 'dead' with no one posting for some time, no one would mind an extra thread. I was wrong. You have my deepest and most sincere regrets.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Also I do follow that forum pretty closely. I just have amnesia (yes, I'm serious).

Profile WWW