Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > About the missing ISA Topic

About the missing ISA Topic

Posted by: Sigurd - Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:39 pm
 [ 7 posts ] 
About the missing ISA Topic 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post About the missing ISA Topic   Posted on: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:39 pm
If someone wants to know how it ended.
Victoria Scott removed all her posts (with edit).

And inserted a nasa picture as logo.
She also added the text: "Warning Not The X Prize Foundation! "

They claim she thought this site was the x prize foundation, I guess anyone who read that topic that she is just playing "underdog", cause it was very clear, that I am not part of the X PRIZE Foundation.

She knew clearly I'm 19 years old, and from Belgium (as she used that in her replies), so it was very clear, I'm not part of the X PRIZE Foundation.

And anyone who did his or her homework, should have read:
http://www.xprizenews.org/about.php

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Re: About the missing ISA Topic   Posted on: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:24 pm
Sigurd wrote:
They claim she thought this site was the x prize foundation, I guess anyone who read that topic that she is just playing "underdog", cause it was very clear, that I am not part of the X PRIZE Foundation.

Who are the "they" you are referring to Sigurd?

I must admit to being quite confused about what the entire thread was about. Someone registers as a member, then creates a load of false members so that they can give a false impression of a vote that no one really cares about and then procedes to make a number of posts that says nothing about the organisation that they are promoting. I never learnt anything about the ISA and what its goals are or how it intends to achieve them as the entire thread was taken up by a running argument. :?

I have been left with the feeling that I dont really want anything to do with ISA (rightly or wrongly) and will not make an attempt to find out anything about the organisation.

In my opinion a complete waste of bandwidth and counter productive to what ISA was trying to achieve (what ever that may be), any chance of discussing something space related in the future?

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:18 am
It's probably for the best anyway.

She was too over-the-top and repetitive to be truly entertaining. By truly entertaining I mean in the vein of say, an Odditty or a Blue Ridge. I could see havy influences of both in her. The Odditty spirit truly shines through in her inability to do HTML, although she takes that to a whole new level. Her threat to sue Sigurd for right-clicking the images on her site- :lol: - was also reminiscent of Oddity. Indeed, she certainly invokes Blue Ridge with her overused qualifier "I may be just a woman".

But whither the made-up, pulled-out-of-her-arse aerospace terminology? Sadly, and noticeably absent :cry: . It was this, and only this that propelled Blue Ridge to heights far higher than they could ever achieve through rocketry. The Hybrid-Turbo Ramjets and Hyper-Dynamic Stablilizers of Haynes' plywood and screendoor constructed Space Hooptie hold a tender place in the heart of many an alt.spacer. Nguyen, on the other hand, while he had none of this talent, was able to talk his way onto the Space Show, where he gave an interview so embarassing that this reviewer couldn't listen past the first question.

So what does ISA have to offer to the venerable field of wannabe alt.space? Some bad HTML and some really repetitive, moronic insults. I give her 1/2 star.

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:02 am
is she clocked or anythig then? hmm i wander if we will see her round here again, perhaps as an old man claiming ISA are a cool new group and thers a realy nice girl called victoria? im a little sad! enjoyed reading those!

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:07 pm
I'm still scratching my head.

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:13 pm
You can get medicated shampoo for that these days, publi...

...sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:17 pm
The way I'm balding--I just need some instant simonize.