Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Great DVD's about space, the universe and spacetravel

Great DVD's about space, the universe and spacetravel

Posted by: Stefan Sigwarth - Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:30 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Great DVD's about space, the universe and spacetravel 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Great DVD's about space, the universe and spacetravel   Posted on: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:30 pm
It's about time we start a topic like this. I'm sure anyone around here has bought dvd's and perhaps 1 or 2 of them are about our mutual interest: space. Since there aren't many space dvd's, let alone many shops who sell them, i'm unsure what's good and what isn't. I've bought a few dvd's, among them the Space series of the BBC as well as the Planets series, the best i have. I've ordered the NASA Legacy Of Space Exploration - Part 1 through part 4, but im not sure what to think and what to expect.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... g=72&pa=sr

If i search on google for space dvd's, the prices are ridiculously high, almost seems it are fanmade products. Thus, would there be any interest in this topic or do we only read about it?

/edit/
If you know a real good dvd about anything related to our interest, please post the tiel and, if possible, the shop where you bought it.

www.dvdempire.com has a lot of space docus, but their shipping costs to Europe are at least $10....

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:27 am
You could do worse than "For All Mankind". Even though a lot of the footage is out of context, it tells the Apollo story pretty nicely.

DKH