Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > Presidential Candidate Space Policy?

Presidential Candidate Space Policy?

Posted by: VolksRocket - Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:24 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
Presidential Candidate Space Policy? 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Presidential Candidate Space Policy?   Posted on: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:24 pm
Hi,

My name is Terry Wheelock and I am the independent candidate, the best choice, for President in 2016! I want to "serve the people", ALL the people of the United States of America! And, part of serving will be to implement and direct the nations access, exploration, and habitation of space.

Now the question is what is the best space policy (direction or pathway) that will get Americans ("citizens") into space, so we as a nation enter the spaceage?

As President what will be the policies, directions, and goals I will persue on behalf of "THE PEOPLE"?

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Presidential Candidate Space Policy?   Posted on: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 am
President of whut?

You know how far the last guy got who articulated a coherent, positive space policy...

Besides, the USG is beyond broke. It does not have the money for big space projects anymore. Right now they are spending billions of your grand kid's retirement money developing a great big rocket to no where that will probably never actually fly.

But I'd vote for ya.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Presidential Candidate Space Policy?   Posted on: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:01 pm
Hi,

JAMESG

President of United States! Kennedy got us on the moon!.....but I don't think that is why he was assassinated.

Yes we do not have money to throw around, so that is why we need to implement practical, clear, sustainable, projects and programs. It is about cutting out the fraud, waste, and abuse. Developing a clear plan that is outside the politics and for the benefit of the people. So it goes without saying it will be a tough job but I would be the best choice because I can understand both sides of the issues and make the choice that will be fair to all!

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: Presidential Candidate Space Policy?   Posted on: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:39 am
Actually I was thinking of Gingrich in the last go 'round.