Mars One 2018 unmanned mission

Posted by: spacenerd - Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:26 am
 [ 16 posts ] 
Mars One 2018 unmanned mission 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Mars One 2018 unmanned mission   Posted on: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:09 am
SANEAlex wrote:
I bet you also don't believe in Nominative determinism :wink: :twisted: whilst I am also slightly sceptical about the likelihood of success in this venture i do wish them luck when you think about most of the satellites in geostationary orbit are only there because a lot of the population watches a lot of TV and enough ads are sold for that TV for the companies to afford to put them up there so I don't think Mars one business plan is totally unreasonable.But am a bit doubtful about the long term security of a Mars colony made up from reality TV stars but it could be I am only jealous cause I am missing the charisma gene. :wink: :twisted:

The satellite market evolved over decades to its current value - there's no way Mars One can generate billions of dollars in investment needed for its mission just by pitching a reality TV show and some ad space. None. They cannot move forward until they come up with a more realistic financial plan that has a multitude of intermediate steps with their own revenue generation.