Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > I have a Dream that one day...

I have a Dream that one day...

Posted by: Darcova - Sat May 18, 2013 4:50 pm
 [ 21 posts ] 
I have a Dream that one day... 
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm
Oh, and - vanilla.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 pm
SuperShuki wrote:
SANEAlex wrote:
SuperShuki wrote:
SaneAlex:
When I win the Nobel Prize, can I have a pint of ice cream?

Sure it could even be the posh stuff made with LN2 :wink: :twisted: what flavour do you like and which Nobel are you aiming for?

Unfortunately despite my offer to share one nobody has take up my offer on doing the math proving that most Dark matter is an illusion caused by not taking into account that the Universe is still expanding including the parts where matter is and the other missing bit is that we live in a Quantised Universe so gravity wont have infinite reach there will be a point where the inverse square drop off will hit the smallest unit of gravity and between there and the Planck length there will be a phase change of effects.

Yeah, all you need is someone to "do the math." And the proof . . .
LOL

The math would be the proof as we have measurements for the expansion of the Universe. I just have a very visual imagination and as I have seen that there are lots of problems with various dark matter theories when I looked into it I saw that Dark matter was first thought to exist in the 1930's and there were good reasons for thinking it was needed as the outer parts of galaxies were spinning too fast IIRC for the observable matter. But it was not until the 1990's IIRC that we spotted that the universe was still expanding at a seemingly accelerating rate from our observations of standard candle supernovas. Which gave rise to the idea of Dark energy so we now had 2 things we don't understand but it seems to me that we could simplify things by taking out the need for Dark matter by saying that our ordinary Matter is nicking energy from the Dark energy expansion as it changes the orbits of gravitational masses and because gravitational masses bend space the effects show up more on the large scale outer edges where there has been more room for expansion. Unfortunately my seeming simple hypothesis would i think need quite a lot of hard math and complex computer simulations to prove either right or wrong (which it could be but as my idea reduces complexity rather than increasing it I still think i might be on to something) Also if the math were done and it fits the observable facts it might also give predictions of the range that the smallest unit of gravity would have to fit in.

PS finely ground vanilla pods or the artificial stuff :?: :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 pm
I thought that the Big Bang theory explained the expanding universe satisfactorily. Dark matter and Dark energy are needed to explain things like the ratio of energy to matter, and the fact that we aren't all blown up by antiparticles.

Haagen Daas

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm
SuperShuki wrote:
I thought that the Big Bang theory explained the expanding universe satisfactorily. Dark matter and Dark energy are needed to explain things like the ratio of energy to matter, and the fact that we aren't all blown up by antiparticles.

Haagen Daas

No if you think about as we have now observable Black Holes. If all the observable normal matter we see now was in one place during the Big Bang as E=MC2 it would be in one big Black Hole that would be slowly emitting units of Hawking radiation every few billion years or so (maybe slight exaggeration or maybe an underestimate(remember i prefer others to do the math :wink: :twisted: but in that kind of ball park )) as the bigger the hole the slower it emits Hawking radiation so either some or many of what we now call the fundamental constants have changed since the Big Bang or we have to have additional stuff added to the model commonly one such thing is called inflation tho I have never seen a good layman's explanation of what it is or how it happened I think it could be related to Dark energy expansion but that is just a guess on my part. And i think the anti particle thing has still to be explained properly tho its quite possible i have missed something in the last decade or so linking the matter antimatter discrepancy with Dark matter and Dark energy as my memory has been very patchy over the last decade and i have not kept up with as much science as i did when i had less of my marbles missing from the deck. But for that link to be more certain i would have thought we would need a much better understanding of Dark Matter and Energy than seems the case as their Wiki pages are not yet locked as final fixed. :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm
SANEAlex wrote:
SuperShuki wrote:

No if you think about as we have now observable Black Holes. If all the observable normal matter we see now was in one place during the Big Bang as E=MC2 it would be in one big Black Hole that would be slowly emitting units of Hawking radiation every few billion years or so as the bigger the hole the slower it emits Hawking radiation so either some or many of what we now call the fundamental constants have changed since the Big Bang or we have to have additional stuff added to the model...I think it could be related to Dark energy expansion but that is just a guess on my part...linking the matter antimatter discrepancy with Dark matter and Dark energy...we would need a much better understanding of Dark Matter and Energy than seems the case as their Wiki pages are not yet locked as final fixed.

Okay, there's a difference between a Black Hole, and a Singularity. The latter is infinite density, all the mass compressed to a point, while the latter is the region around the Singularity where light cannot escape gravity. "Hawking Radiation" is caused by antipartical pairs at the Event Horizon (The edge of the "Black Hole") where one of the pair gets sucked in, and the other escapes before they can cancel each other. this is a product of our universes' quantum states, and the Prime Singularity our universe is believed to have sprang from wasn't susceptible to that, because there was no Universe around it to produce the Quantum antipartical pairs. There wasn't even a Black hole, just the mass without dimension so thee wouldn't have been any Hawking Radiation unless the Singularity also broke through into another universe (One of my personal theories to explain where the Antimater went.)

Shortly after the Inflation phase of Expansion, the forces as we understand them today seperated from the Primal Energy that was fused in the singularity. This is where Time started, and with it, we could begin to use derived contants like the Velocity of Light (Velocity=Distance/Time)so yeah, the Constants changed, or actually didn't exist until the Singularity expanded.

Our understanding of Dark Matter, and Energy is mathmatical, so unless you understand Calculus, I can't really explain it in "Layman's Terms." (Make it Feynmen's Terms instead.)

Breyers Vanilla with fresh cracked black pepper.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:58 am
My dream is to go to the space and explore.