Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > I have a Dream that one day...

I have a Dream that one day...

Posted by: Darcova - Sat May 18, 2013 4:50 pm
 [ 21 posts ] 
I have a Dream that one day... 
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Sat May 18, 2013 4:50 pm
Hello all
I have a dream that one day we will all work together on a great monumental project of advancing to the next age, The space age.
I have a dream that we will put aside our differences to achieve this goal.
I have a dream that all nations big or small will contribute to our race's own advancement, for all people of earth are humans, and that is the one trait that we all share, no mater your color, your sex, your religion, or your views and values, we are one race that has been diversified over 1000s of generations.

My name is Joshua Majchrzak, I am 18,and will be graduating Ashland High school in two weeks. I will be studying Nanotechnology, because I see that it is a field of study that is going to be one of most importance for ushering in the space age.

I plan to start a global organization in college that has the whole world involved even the countries that are still in what we might call today's stone-age. Because I see this earth, this small planet as our nest, and I believe that it is time for some of use to leave, and bring back materials back and to make new nests on other planets.

I have no funding to get this organization founded anytime soon but I see companies that have the toys to found this organization within 2-6 years, such as, spaceX nasa Virgingalactic DSI and many others.

Please PM me if you are Interested in a young man's dreams.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 7:06 am
It's an interesting dream, but pretty vague. Do you have any specific goals?

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 5:14 pm
SuperShuki wrote:

The main thing I want to do is get into the space age, to do that we will need to fix a lot of problems here on earth, and develop some new tech.

The first step I see is developing a way to separate and organize matter into smaller usable components, what I refer to is reprocessing the waste we have accumulated over the centuries. That would allow us to reuse most materials, then once that process have been developed to its limits, I would like to develop a process to do that same thing with atoms, because atoms are the building blocks of everything, well only as we know so far.

I also want to make the production of food and other goods easier so there is no shortages of anything needed for us to live and thrive, the mass populations would be a incentive for us to speed up the colonization processes, like Mars One, and have other space based companies gain more support in the coming years.

I am only 18 and I still have a lot to learn myself before I jump into bringing my many dreams to life.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 7:14 pm
Well, maybe you should look into being a bioengineer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioengineering. They do that kind of stuff, I think.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 7:19 pm
Here is a link to the bioengineering branch of NASA. Send them an email, or call them, and ask them what education you would need to go into that field.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/greenspace/bioengineering.html

Here's NASA's media contact page: http://www.nasa.gov/news/media/contacts/index.html

Where do you live? Maybe you could do an internship there.

By the way - welcome to the space fellowship!

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 pm
Darcova wrote:
SuperShuki wrote:

The main thing I want to do is get into the space age, to do that we will need to fix a lot of problems here on earth, and develop some new tech.

The first step I see is developing a way to separate and organize matter into smaller usable components, what I refer to is reprocessing the waste we have accumulated over the centuries. That would allow us to reuse most materials, then once that process have been developed to its limits, I would like to develop a process to do that same thing with atoms, because atoms are the building blocks of everything, well only as we know so far.

I also want to make the production of food and other goods easier so there is no shortages of anything needed for us to live and thrive, the mass populations would be a incentive for us to speed up the colonization processes, like Mars One, and have other space based companies gain more support in the coming years.

I am only 18 and I still have a lot to learn myself before I jump into bringing my many dreams to life.

Although I am an advocate of advanced nanotech and it is rapidly expanding field with lots of options to get ahead in so go for it as a career. The lowest common denominator of our technological society is energy and most of that in our solar system is up in space down here it is a much more finite resource. So I would advocate getting up and out in our current era of cheap energy before we do start to hit Malthusian limits. Especially as although nanotech will have its good sides some of the possible abuses make our biggest nukes look like damp fire works, grey goo would be an industrial accident that we might have time to recover from, some of the horrors imaginable that don't break any laws of chemistry or physics could cause a rapid global E.L.E. So a backup population in space might be a good idea just in case we screw up down here either intentionally or accidentally.

As you seem to be into nanotech are aware of http://www.foresight.org/ :?: its a good resource and worth being on their email list.

Profile WWW
Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 pm
SuperShuki wrote:
Here is a link to the bioengineering branch of NASA. Send them an email, or call them, and ask them what education you would need to go into that field.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/greenspace/bioengineering.html

Here's NASA's media contact page: http://www.nasa.gov/news/media/contacts/index.html

Where do you live? Maybe you could do an internship there.

By the way - welcome to the space fellowship!

Ashland Oregon, I was thinking about doing both but Nanotech has more of what I want.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 9:30 pm
SANEAlex wrote:
Darcova wrote:
SuperShuki wrote:

Although I am an advocate of advanced nanotech and it is rapidly expanding field with lots of options to get ahead in so go for it as a career. The lowest common denominator of our technological society is energy and most of that in our solar system is up in space down here it is a much more finite resource. So I would advocate getting up and out in our current era of cheap energy before we do start to hit Malthusian limits. Especially as although nanotech will have its good sides some of the possible abuses make our biggest nukes look like damp fire works, grey goo would be an industrial accident that we might have time to recover from, some of the horrors imaginable that don't break any laws of chemistry or physics could cause a rapid global E.L.E. So a backup population in space might be a good idea just in case we screw up down here either intentionally or accidentally.

As you seem to be into nanotech are aware of http://www.foresight.org/ :?: its a good resource and worth being on their email list.

that is why I wanted to get into the space age asap so we could deal with any problems like that before they hit vast population centers, like earth.

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm
what I start in the beginning would not be in space, but on the planet to build a foundation for projects I plan to start, I have a monumental dream of the future but no resources to bring my dream into reality at this time, I have talked to few people about what my number one goal is and they all told me, "if you can make that possible, the world will be forever changed"
well say you have matter, what is matter but atoms and its parts, if you could add or subtract these parts you could make any element (atom) from any thing you do not need, then throw in a assembler and you could make yourself a meal from toxic matter, because you are changing the makeup of the atoms themselves to make other atoms that you can use to make things that you really need, now put this concept to land fills, and waste in general, you could clean up the planet in years, and control the sea level by storing its atoms as other denser atoms, like metals you could use to build space ships and colonies, using a sort of 3D printer that is designed to use this tech to build anything out of the biggest atoms, which would be the only way to store the smaller atoms in a organized and controlled manner.

Then put this idea to mining space, it would be easy to just suck the atoms off the surface of any space body and condense them into denser stable atoms that have 6 - no bonds allowing for easy storage and transport. and couldn't the mining ships build a replacement harvester or two and fly back to be consumed by the warehouses and fabricator stations in space. that way you only send one out to mine but get a continues stream of resources back until the mined space body is depleted. and the payloads you get back would be used as anything the civilization needs, medical supplies, tools, food, clothing, fuel, building material, etc.

Like I said, I have a dream.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm
Eh? You seem to be talking about manipulating matter on a level below atoms - changing elements into each other. That's nuclear technology, and incredibly difficult, especially if you want to avoid blowing up everywhere.

Converting toxic materials into food is easier, if the toxic materials are stuff like Cyanide, because then you already have the elements you need.

I don't think we need a global organisation to fix the world's problems. We have enough organisations.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 4:46 pm
Darcova wrote:
what I start in the beginning would not be in space, but on the planet to build a foundation for projects I plan to start, I have a monumental dream of the future but no resources to bring my dream into reality at this time, I have talked to few people about what my number one goal is and they all told me, "if you can make that possible, the world will be forever changed"
well say you have matter, what is matter but atoms and its parts, if you could add or subtract these parts you could make any element (atom) from any thing you do not need, then throw in a assembler and you could make yourself a meal from toxic matter, because you are changing the makeup of the atoms themselves to make other atoms that you can use to make things that you really need, now put this concept to land fills, and waste in general, you could clean up the planet in years, and control the sea level by storing its atoms as other denser atoms, like metals you could use to build space ships and colonies, using a sort of 3D printer that is designed to use this tech to build anything out of the biggest atoms, which would be the only way to store the smaller atoms in a organized and controlled manner.

Then put this idea to mining space, it would be easy to just suck the atoms off the surface of any space body and condense them into denser stable atoms that have 6 - no bonds allowing for easy storage and transport. and couldn't the mining ships build a replacement harvester or two and fly back to be consumed by the warehouses and fabricator stations in space. that way you only send one out to mine but get a continues stream of resources back until the mined space body is depleted. and the payloads you get back would be used as anything the civilization needs, medical supplies, tools, food, clothing, fuel, building material, etc.

Like I said, I have a dream.

What you are talking about is advanced femtotech that might not be possible and even if it is we will not be able attempt the kinds of matter transmution you are suggesting until we have the kind of advanced nanotech that is unlikely to be available until roughly 2050-75 that is if nanotech continues in the similar Moores law kind of way that it has been doing so for the last 3 decades and we don't hit any brick walls like we seem to have with fusion. Mind you if you have the patience and the math skills study the Casmir effect along with the associated virtual pair quantum particle fluctuations, Anything you can find on neutron stars and the more theoretical at the moment quark stars,Negative energy(the ideas behind some kinds of space warps), Hawking radiation, Einstein's frame dragging of space ideas along with keeping up with CERNS particle zoo and maybe when the tools are available it might just be possible to do what you are suggesting that is if our species has not screwed up down here and get a Global Darwin award. But good luck as I like long term thinkers and if i am still around in the 2080's I might buy you a pint when you get your Nobel :wink: :twisted:

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 6:26 pm
SaneAlex:
When I win the Nobel Prize, can I have a pint of ice cream?

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 7:19 pm
SuperShuki wrote:
SaneAlex:

Sure it could even be the posh stuff made with LN2 :wink: :twisted: what flavour do you like and which Nobel are you aiming for?

Unfortunately despite my offer to share one nobody has take up my offer on doing the math proving that most Dark matter is an illusion caused by not taking into account that the Universe is still expanding including the parts where matter is and the other missing bit is that we live in a Quantised Universe so gravity wont have infinite reach there will be a point where the inverse square drop off will hit the smallest unit of gravity and between there and the Planck length there will be a phase change of effects.

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 7:45 pm
I am going for physics and literature. I am just having a problem deciding which to win first . . .

:lol:

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: I have a Dream that one day...   Posted on: Tue May 21, 2013 7:48 pm
SANEAlex wrote:
SuperShuki wrote:
SaneAlex:

Sure it could even be the posh stuff made with LN2 :wink: :twisted: what flavour do you like and which Nobel are you aiming for?

Unfortunately despite my offer to share one nobody has take up my offer on doing the math proving that most Dark matter is an illusion caused by not taking into account that the Universe is still expanding including the parts where matter is and the other missing bit is that we live in a Quantised Universe so gravity wont have infinite reach there will be a point where the inverse square drop off will hit the smallest unit of gravity and between there and the Planck length there will be a phase change of effects.

Yeah, all you need is someone to "do the math." And the proof . . .
LOL

Profile WWW