Posted by: Sigma - Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:58 am
 [ 9 posts ] 
New Indie Video Game Studio 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:58 am
Now Starting Unknown Forces Indie Video Game Company

I need

A PHP coder, with blender or unreal game engine experience, and a 2d/graphics artist/3d Uv mapper, and potentially a writer, the first game will have differed pay, in profits split 20% each, with the other 20% staying with the studio for the next production cycle.

I have- A gameplay mechanics concept,A story, A world, An enemy force, Some characters, Inventions I wish to add to the story.

Lets make a game!

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 pm
Erm, neither Blender nor the Unreal game engine are written in PHP. I'd think that you'd need at least someone with C++, C#, Java and/or Flash/ActionScript experience...

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:43 am
Sigma wrote:
Now Starting Unknown Forces Indie Video Game Company

I need

A PHP coder, with blender or unreal game engine experience, and a 2d/graphics artist/3d Uv mapper, and potentially a writer, the first game will have differed pay, in profits split 20% each, with the other 20% staying with the studio for the next production cycle.

I have- A gameplay mechanics concept,A story, A world, An enemy force, Some characters, Inventions I wish to add to the story.

Lets make a game!

What made you chose the blender or unreal engine?

I have been looking into opensource engines and game development in general lately for my 10 year project, I am still only thinking about concepts, writing down ideas.

I hope to develop a platform that entertains but also funds a full scale science and engineering research project focused on space colonisation.

Profile WWW
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 am
Blender game engine runs on python for some reason I got mixed up, I actually code a little python, but I am still green, here is a demo of a game I made when I first started messing with the blender game engine(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xck6PnmaDcQ),This animation is done using a translation matrix no animation keys, meaning everyone is made of chunks meaning I can make 100 arms/legs etc that end up making 1,000,000 possible models,

I am still bad at scripting, but can get almost anything I want done by using the BGE logic bricks(which are python based applets) and I use those mixed with python that feeds the logic brick variables, So in the logic I can have

(when X is this)--And---(Do what I want)
(second Condition)/

Always(pulse every (Y-CPU ticks) - Python.txt - (Grab X from target)

I can do pretty much anything with that, and it does not use very much overhead as I can adjust the rates for realism or performance.

I intend to learn more, but I understand object based coding pretty well,

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:49 am
You should probably be posting this on programming and game sites/forums and you'll have better responses.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:51 am
I am posting on multiple sites, I have a hew people, but really need a solid python* coder to finish off the team,

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:52 am
If it helps I can do concept art. Unfortunatly I haven't got into my 3-D classes yet. I have several comic book pages drawn and inked and several pin ups. All work is si-fi of course.

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:08 am
http://www.Blender.org is free, and tutorials are everywhere, and if you need anything to learn let me know :)

shoot me some of your 2d- I need texture artists just as much as 3d, ever messed with a UV map? think of how the map has to be cut to be laid out flat when dealing with a sphere, now think about doing the same thing to a Face or space ship, I shoot you the UV, you draw(any medium) convert to digital using a scanner, or start in http://www.gimp.org/ with a mouse or stylus,

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Re: New Indie Video Game Studio   Posted on: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAltr-N6LU8
is a test for a animation that will be my studios splash screen/logo