Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > How to View The Space Fellowship with larger print.

How to View The Space Fellowship with larger print.

Posted by: Joe in Texas - Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 pm
 [ 4 posts ] 
How to View The Space Fellowship with larger print. 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post How to View The Space Fellowship with larger print.   Posted on: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:14 pm
These pages,I wish to read so badly,,,but alas with monitor resolution set at 1600 X 1600 seems the only format that will make ALL of the current page fit to my scree,Is a little small(print) for 64 year old,Space Nut,Rocket builder,,not ashamed to be a want-to-be.

What can I do to make these Armadillo pages readable,,I have tried so many setting ,I'm getting sick of the whole affair.I have followed Armadillo from No Trees,Texas,,and that is a while ago.

On the other hand,,,I am set on 1600 X 1200 currently and I can read MOST but not All of the post.The screen is still not wide enough.I am running a 21" Mitsubishi monitor. Help please.

Joe in Texas

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post Re: How to View The Space Fellowship with larger print.   Posted on: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:13 am
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure how experienced a computer user you are, so I'm going to try and explain as much as possible as simply as possible.

The size of the fonts on the web sites you visit is ultimately determined by your web browser (the program you use to visit web sites). Web sites generally give hints as to the size they would like to be displayed at, and browsers generally follow these hints, but you have the final say. After all, it's your computer. Web site layouts are typically not infinitely flexible though, and not all font sizes will fit.

The exact way to change the settings depends on which web browser you are using. For starters, could you try pressing and holding the Ctrl key, and scrolling your mouse wheel? That changes the size of the fonts (and possibly the rest of the page too, depending on the browsers and its configuration) at least in the Mozilla Firefox browser, and I think in other browsers too. It may take a while for the page to redraw, so just give it one click first and wait a few seconds.

This editing window does seem to have a minimum width, which depends on the font size. In other words, to make it fit your monitor, you may have to decrease the font size to a point which is unreadable for you (certainly the case for me if I take off my glasses :)). If that is the case, you may want to try using the screen magnification feature of your operating system (it's usually part of the Accessibility support) to let you zoom in on the screen. The forum reading interface seems to have a fixed width in pixels, which accomodates quite large letters on my screen.

Could you tell me which operating system (e.g. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, something else?) and web browser (see Help->About ... in this window, e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera) you are using? That would help me help you more specifically.

Cheers,

Lourens

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: How to View The Space Fellowship with larger print.   Posted on: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 pm
I am using Firefox,whatever the latest free version is.I am running XP Home.
Thanks for the font size TIP,,,,that might fix my problem.

I also have 20/20 with my glasses on.ie:This reply I am sending to you,I just changed the font size from 20 to 30.,,SO,,I will now see how or if this
changes the reading conditions when this is posted.
When I next go to SpaceFellowShip.com,,I will change font size there also.

Let us see if we can make me comfortable at SFS.com,,if so then I have a LOT of input for the forum.I would like first,to post a new rocket engine design w/NO Combustion chamber.We shall see.

Need I say thanks,when the magnatude of my problem (ends of sentences not available,with no scroll over option)is so large that a simple thanks don't cover it.

Grateful,Respectively,and yes Thanks.

Joe in Texas

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Re: How to View The Space Fellowship with larger print.   Posted on: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:05 am
hey Lourens,,,,the font size fixed it,,ill be durned,,just like ,that,Now can anything about Ben Brocket from Masten,Joining the Dillo??What was his former job,there at Masten??,,,Also is Armadillo all about LOX and LHO2 currently as a fuel?And does anyone know the role they will play in the Space Tourism Company,they joined??Possibly someone might know at leas abit,of what is going on with John,Russell and the rest of the guys<<Please?

If someone reading this does not know the answers then possibly some links?

Thanks for fixing my monitor Lourens.

Joe in Texas