Community > Forum > The Spaceflight Cafe > SpaceRaceNews Respect Certificate idea

SpaceRaceNews Respect Certificate idea

Posted by: Sigurd - Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:25 am
 [ 7 posts ] 
SpaceRaceNews Respect Certificate idea 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post SpaceRaceNews Respect Certificate idea   Posted on: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:25 am
When I was browsing our Odd forum... I got the idea to put a certificate idea on our new (upcoming) site.

Giving companies a dynamic image (hosted on our site) that they can link place on their site, or that people can just browse on our site.

It will share "our" idea of how much we can trust this company to donate to, invest, support etc ;)

On this way we'll also offer to companies an extra reason to share more information (especially when they need money ;)).

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:06 am
I really like that idea.

I'm not sure how much of a clout the image/certification would have on a new investor (ie, if someone would notice it in absentia), but it definately would help sell a companies stock if they can see the companies ideas and policies discussed more fully in an unbiased and free forum.

Post    Posted on: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:44 pm
What will that certificate include?

The idea is great - the certificate should be provided. But it may be of significant meaning to get recommendations by experts for information policies, PR and/or marketing. The Federation I'm a member of - the bdvb ("Bundesverband Deutscher Volks- und Betriebswirte" = Federal Federation of German Economists translated directly) - has a workshop of freelancing consultants. This workshop offers a certificate for consultants too. To get the certificate several criteria have to be fulfilled including one lesson to the workshop. But as far as I know that certificate isn't really of meaning within the consultant branch although the certificate is considered to be well-leveled and to be taken in serious.

So it would be of use to get recommendations and/or assistance by a PR-company if possible.

Dipl.-Volkswirt (bdvb) Augustin (Political Economist)

Post    Posted on: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:28 pm
The certificates partly could rely on the existence of a General forum a team member is moderator of. If a team or company is willing to provide a moderator this could be a point. If they really provide a person tthis could be another point and next the moderation style and so on could cause a third point.

This way the message board could provide certification criteria.

What do you think about that, Sigurd? And what do all you others here think of it?

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:51 pm
Sounds good :)

When we actually develop the idea (I first have to develop many other features already on my list), I'll try to collect several more things we can use as "points" :)

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:07 am
Perhaps the company should, during the 'trial by fire' within their forum, be rated according to some of the grounds listed in the latest news post regarding warning signs of companies to stay away from?

http://www.xprizenews.org/index.php?p=796

(I like the post, sigurd. One of the authors, Dr. Livingston, redeemed himself in my eyes, after that wonderful interview where he let a LOT of sketchy things slide.)

Post    Posted on: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:23 am
I have been thinking about votings yesterday. But these votings shouldn't be "good", "bad", "excellent" and so on and they shouldn't be numbers too.

The votings should be lead by questions like "What do you consider to be best done?" followed by a list of the features and properties in question and the possibility to insert the name of that company or team that the voter considers to have done best that feature etc.

And it might be helpful to be able to distiguish between voters who post and voters who don't post here. Perhaps it might be interesting to distiguish too between engineers and technicians on one side and others on the other side. All this can be detailed further - and this shows that it may require very much work. So it's mostly a theoretical consideration this moment.