Community > Forum > Centennial Challenges > Australian Team for Centennial Challenges

Australian Team for Centennial Challenges

Posted by: WannabeSpaceCadet - Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:32 am
 [ 1 post ] 
Australian Team for Centennial Challenges 
Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post Australian Team for Centennial Challenges   Posted on: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:32 am
I'm interested in forming an Australian team to compete.

I'm proposing a VTO/VL computer controlled rocket, like Armadillo's. For sub-orbital tests you don't need to be near the equator,so Woomera would be ideal. Manufacturing needs a reasonable local industrial base, so Melbourne should do nicely.

What I need:

Money: If someone has a spare $5 million, we could be in space within 2 years. Failing that we will need to raise funds from private investors, sponsorship and maybe government grants.

People: I need volunteers with all sorts of skills. I have the necessary computer hardware and software skills, but more never hurts. Apart from the obvious propulsion, engineering, electronics, machinist, welding etc, we can also use legal, accounting, PR, fund-raising and transport skills. You name it, I can probably use it. Above all I want enthusiasm, cooperation and well-supressed egos.

The first step will be a research project to decide technology, regulatory environment, financial & organizational structure.

Anyone interested, please message me with your contact details.