Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > Another XPrize Award!

Another XPrize Award!

Posted by: kc7rad - Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:37 pm
 [ 2 posts ] 
Another XPrize Award! 
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Another XPrize Award!   Posted on: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:37 pm
With the best intentions in the middle of 2002 I started planning for my XPrize attempt. After several months of e-mails and research I discovered that my plan was not financially feasable. I just couldn't get the financing even though it would provide several revenue paths. In short, it consisted of a multi-payload balloon platform, capable of hoisting a launch vehicle, research equipment or passenger gondola to about 100,000 feet. It was do-able but would cost more money than I could raise. With the other teams so far ahead and due to other personal issues, I dropped the concept.

BUT, what I did do, was get a cool license plate, pictured here:

This is an official Nevada plate that will expire by the end of this year. The winning team will be given one of the plates, if they want it. I will keep the other for myself. If the XPrize organization would like, I could send it to them to distribute as they see fit.

All the best & good luck all!
Ken Linder
KC7RAD

PS - If anyone is interested in the possibility of furthering my idea, I might just be interested in helping. Let me know. My old site for the project is here at //www.radstream.com/pilotintraining/

Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:39 pm
That is in awsome licese plate!! :shock:

Profile YIM