Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > Idea regarding going to the launches!

Idea regarding going to the launches!

Posted by: Rob Goldsmith - Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:42 am
 [ 9 posts ] 
Idea regarding going to the launches! 
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post Idea regarding going to the launches!   Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:42 am
from what i have hard there are not too many of us from here going to the launch. Does anyone know of someone going? would it not be great if someone going to the ss1 launch could record the launch on a digital cam-corder then upload it to a server? If there is anyone here ho has a lot of free space could you try and get in talks with people going so that we could all download the imagery! how cool would that be, could compress it to divx or something to keep it small and we could gradually share the vids out between us! good idea or not? anyone in?

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post Re: Idea regarding going to the launches!   Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:44 am
robiwan wrote:
from what i have hard there are not too many of us from here going to the launch. Does anyone know of someone going? would it not be great if someone going to the ss1 launch could record the launch on a digital cam-corder then upload it to a server? If there is anyone here ho has a lot of free space could you try and get in talks with people going so that we could all download the imagery! how cool would that be, could compress it to divx or something to keep it small and we could gradually share the vids out between us! good idea or not? anyone in?

If anyone of us goes to the events.. I think he would watch.; and hate to screw his time looking trough the camera ;)
Personally. I think with all those media over there.. there will be A LOT.. movies... just record the bbc/cnn/nbc/... news and you have it ;)

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:50 am
oh well just thought somone would have wanted to make a home movie, nevermind hey

Profile WWW
Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:52 am
robiwan wrote:
oh well just thought somone would have wanted to make a home movie, nevermind hey

If someone does.. no prob :) I'll try to link on the ansari x prize space race news blog as many vids as possible ;)

Profile WWW
Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:52 am
I would be satisfied if someone who did go could write a diary and record his/her thoughts and impressions of the whole show ... and ... um ... then post it here.

Rocket Constructor
Rocket Constructor
Post    Posted on: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:22 am

Last edited by CzarDerivative on Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:31 am
Perhaps we could set up a P2P (Peer to Peer) hub and can distribute videos that way?

No idea how to do that. I use DC++.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Participant
Spaceflight Participant
Post    Posted on: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:12 am
You'd probably want BitTorrent for distribution of large amounts of data like that, if you were to use p2p.

Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post    Posted on: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:56 am
My friend and I are going to the 29th. I should be able to take some video, but would need help downloading into a acceptable format. Besides, with the zoom lense, I will be able to see better. Is anyone from this site going? :D