Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > Is It Only Me Or Is New Mexico A Bad Idea For Hosting X-Cup?

Is It Only Me Or Is New Mexico A Bad Idea For Hosting X-Cup?

Posted by: rocketsail - Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:29 am
 [ 3 posts ] 

Do You Think The X-Cup Should Be Hosted By New Mexico?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Don't Care 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
I HATE This Stupid Poll And Post! 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14

Launch Director
Launch Director
Post Is It Only Me Or Is New Mexico A Bad Idea For Hosting X-Cup?   Posted on: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:29 am
New Mexico needs jobs and investment - just like most other marginally depressed states - like Texas.. I am all for helping states, like New Mexico, develop themselves.. But New Mexico is an overly conservative and repressive state to live and work in.. It's okay if you 'march to their drum' and walk like they walk.. But if you differ in any way - watch out.. This reminds me of the Supercollider in Texas - great idea, but never got finished.. Take the poll above - or reply below - if you care..

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post Re: Is It Only Me Or Is New Mexico A Bad Idea For Hosting X-   Posted on: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:28 pm
rocketsail wrote:
New Mexico needs jobs and investment - just like most other marginally depressed states - like Texas.. I am all for helping states, like New Mexico, develop themselves.. But New Mexico is an overly conservative and repressive state to live and work in.. It's okay if you 'march to their drum' and walk like they walk.. But if you differ in any way - watch out.. This reminds me of the Supercollider in Texas - great idea, but never got finished.. Take the poll above - or reply below - if you care..

Why would New Mexico be considered a represive state? And why would this affect the space travel industry? I would have thought rockets were non partisan.

In my opinion if a state has ample phisical space for a rocket range, good weather and a decent industrial technological base, it's OK. It's not like there actually is an absolute state in the Union. They are all democratic after all.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:29 pm
Who says Texas' economy is marginally depressed? Have you seen all the construction lately?