Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > Should a Space Tourism Lottery Help to Fund the X Prize?

Should a Space Tourism Lottery Help to Fund the X Prize?

Posted by: Tonyinnc - Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:02 am
 [ 5 posts ] 
Should a Space Tourism Lottery Help to Fund the X Prize? 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Should a Space Tourism Lottery Help to Fund the X Prize?   Posted on: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:02 am
Last week eSpaceLotto.com released its proposed international space tourism program. It involves a space tourism MONOPOLY board game, an international space tourism reality TV show and an international space tourism Internet and scratch-off card lottery program.

On Nov. 9th - Dr. David Livingston of TheSpaceShow.com interviewed Tony Webb founder of eSpaceLotto. The interview lasted for 90 minutes and can be heard by visiting the eSpaceLotto.com website and click on the Space Tourism MONOPOLY banner. At the bottom of that document is the link to the audio feed.

I hope you will be pleased with Tony's views.

After reviewing the website and hearing the audio please answer this question... Should an international space tourism lottery help to fund the X-Prize?

Tony thinks so... what do you think?

Thank you for your interest in space tourism,

Tony Webb
Founder
http://www.eSpaceLotto.com

Moon Mission Member
Moon Mission Member
Location: Kapellen, Antwerp, Belgium, Europe, Planet Earth, the Milky Way Galaxy
Post    Posted on: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:48 pm
The idea behind eSpaceLotto.com seems to be good, it will show a lot of people that there is a good future for space explortation and it can get a lot of monney to make it reality.

So yes I think it would be great if they would help to fund the X-Prize.

Profile WWW
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post    Posted on: Mon May 31, 2004 9:44 pm
Actually it is a very good idea to generate revenue to help drive private space exploration. After the shuttle disasters at such great financial expense shutting the door on space, perhaps private enterprise can use its dynamism and ingenuity to help keep it open.

Space Station Commander
Space Station Commander
Post    Posted on: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:19 am
i'm completely against a space-based reality show in the standard sense of the term, but it would be a good publicity/financial venture. as to a space lottery, i think that's a really good idea, as it would raise public awareness that it is possible to go to space without being a government astronaut in addition to raising money.

Software Developer

Also, check out my fractals

Space Station Member
Space Station Member
Post    Posted on: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:29 am
If it helps promote stuff like the X-Prize I'd be all for it. I'd even buy a ticket or two.