Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > Welcome, from your newest board member, Lung!!

Welcome, from your newest board member, Lung!!

Posted by: Lung - Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:41 am
 [ 2 posts ] 
Welcome, from your newest board member, Lung!! 
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Spaceflight Enthusiast
Post Welcome, from your newest board member, Lung!!   Posted on: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:41 am
Hi, everybody :)

I take it that this forum is new? I am looking forward to following the progress of the X-prize teams, so i hope you lot can keep me up-to-date 8)

I am currently reading a (rather tedious, yet interesting) book called Firestar by Michael Flynn, about, of all things, near-future space travel. It's good to see that at least the first half of the book is no longer fiction :D

Growing up in the 70's, i expected this to happen long ago, but at least it will be worth the wait to see the space industry finally blossom, assuming that not all of the teams fail :roll:

Also, i hope that the modest numbers here so far will increase substantially as time goes on.

Spaceflight Trainee
Spaceflight Trainee
Post    Posted on: Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:40 am
The most competent of all the X-Prize teams appear to be Scaled Composites, LLC headed by Burt Ryan. They have the vision, experience, money, and guts.

Profile WWW