Community > Forum > Historical Ansari X Prize > The X-PRIZE card game, version 1!!!

The X-PRIZE card game, version 1!!!

Posted by: The Legionnaire - Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:59 am
 [ 3 posts ] 
The X-PRIZE card game, version 1!!! 
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post The X-PRIZE card game, version 1!!!   Posted on: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:59 am
Hi everyone,

I spent the last few days designing and creating a X PRIZE card game. The card game, for 2 or 3 players, simulates (somewhat abstractly) the race to win the $10 million X PRIZE for private spaceflight. Each player, controlling one X PRIZE contestant team, must carefully marshal his resources and expertise to win the prize. It takes about 20 minutes to play.

I would like to distribute it to message board members, so that you can go play it and give me suggestions for improvement.

The game consists of a few Word documents: sheets of cards to print out and cut up, and a rule booklet.

I'm not quite sure how to distribute it, so for now, in order to get a hold on in, e-mail me at centurion509@aol.com and I'll send you the files.

I hope you find it enjoyable! And please, send me comments! Are the rules understandable? Is the game realistic? boring? fun?

Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:17 pm
You could try zipping the documents up using WinZip and then posting them to your website. From there you could post a link to them here in the forums so other people can download them at will. Nice idea, I'd like to try it. :)

Profile WWW
Space Walker
Space Walker
Post    Posted on: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:48 pm
Senior Von Braun wrote:
You could try zipping the documents up using WinZip and then posting them to your website. From there you could post a link to them here in the forums so other people can download them at will. Nice idea, I'd like to try it.

Sigurd was kind enough to give me some webhosting space, so just go to this linkfor the entire game. Cut out the cards, read the rules, and you're set!

Once you've played it a few times, please send comments. Were a part of the rules ambiguous? Was a card too powerful? Is the game fun? etc.